Saturday, June 1, 2013

Cultural Observation- 06/01/2012

   My new cultural observation that I would like to share is that I have noticed that through all of the countries that we have visited, they seem to be very friendly to elderly people and couples.  It was very surprising to me  right away in the Netherlands when I saw many elderly people cruising around on bikes. In Belgium and France I have seen many elderly people using public transportation and strolling around, being very active.  It is a cool thing to see and would be cool to see more of in the US.

1 comment:

  1. This is Marissa:

    I thought that this was neat as well and was a great lifestyle choice for remaining healthy and active longer. Today as well I saw a lady give up her seat on the metro for an elderly lady, its nice seeing stuff like that.

    ReplyDelete