Sunday, June 2, 2013

Pantheon - Kristy

One of my favorite places to see was the Pantheon. The architecture there looks amazing and I was astounded looking at the all the statues and paintings. It was all really beautiful and was masterfully created. The graves underground were also a great experience to see. It's nice France provides a place for the great people in history and science to group all together, so if you want to visit the grave of several you can visit all of them in one location.

2 comments:

  1. I think it is interesting the difference between the pantheon graves and those in the catacombs that we visited today. The pantheon is this amazing structure with specific grave sites and a lot of respect is expected, and the catacombs are just piles of bones piled deep underground. It shows the differences in treatment between different socioeconomic classes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too thought was exquisite. Yet part of me kept searching the paintings for "hidden jems " . The special location for famous French dead was an interesting onsite to the culture yet I think the atmosphere down there put me off.

    ReplyDelete