Saturday, June 1, 2013

The Paris Pantheon by Thomas

Where to start... The view outside the building was amazing of the surrounding area. I was just completely in awe of the time put forth in the scrollwork by the artisans on the tops of the pillars and on the ceiling of the building's exterior. The inside was cool with the art in the windows, and the colored rocks incorporated in the floor's design. But what really caught my attention was the crypt beneath it, it seemed to me that the crypt was more airy than I thought any underground cavern would be, it was no different than being in a train station that's made of sandstone bricks with the way that it was constructed. It felt, dare I say it airy, although it felt churchlike because we were supposed to be quiet and respectful of the graves of the dead entombed there. Also, in the gift shop there was a leather bound notebook that caught my eye because it looked really old and homemade also really easy to reproduce, so we took a picture of it. to remember for later how to make one. (and I'm blogging about it so I don't forget to look at the picture, or remember it in general,)

2 comments:

  1. I thought it was really cool to see the tombs of the Curies, Dumas and Voltaire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally argree Thomas, the architecture was truly amazing. I really enjoyed seeing the paintings on the ceiling, they were gorgeous. But the architecture was astounding.

    ReplyDelete