Sunday, June 2, 2013

June 1st - Curie Tour and the Pantheon

I enjoyed the walking tour of Marie Curie's apartment's. It really helped to solidify the places and experinces portrayed in the book. It's interesting that you can find such a large chunk of one person's life in such a concentrated area. However, I suppose thats true for most of us. The pantheon was an impressive building, and of course we saw the curies there as well. Regardless of their reasoning, I really like how the french have not only immortalized, but also glorified portions of their history in statues and paintings.

1 comment:

  1. I really like how much the french try to immortalize their thinkers and the amount of respect they show for their scientists really impressed me. That they would dedicate space in this amazing place for these people really shows just how impressive their accomplishments were.

    ReplyDelete